International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Left lateral sectionectomy [case 12]
Summary of surgeons' findings and slowing down moments
Operating surgeon: Dr. Gallinger
- Critical imaging findings:
- Uncertain location of tumor
- Possible procedures:
Sg2-3 wedge resection
Left lateral sectionectomy
- Procedure-specific moments:
- Dividing the left hepatic vein
- Any aberrant hepatic arteries
- Dissect ligamentum venosum
- Avoid porta hepatis
Watch the following videos from the operation to see some of the key moments in the case.
Views and opinions expressed in all videos and module content are those of the individual surgeon and solely intended for surgical education purposes. We do not endorse any product, treatment or therapy.