International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Oscar Imventarza was born and grew up in Buenos Aires Argentina. He graduated from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) in 1982. He received his surgical training between 1983-1986 at the Hospital Argerich and the Hospital Finochietto.
In 1987 he began his training in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at the Transplant Division of the University of Pittsburgh under the supervision of Professor Thomas Starzl. He became Research fellow (1987), Clinical Fellow (1988), Instructor of Surgery (1989) and Assistant Professor of the same University in 1990.
Oscar Imventarza returned to Argentina at the end of 1992 and opened as Chairman the first two Public Liver Transplant Programs of Argentina in the Hospital Juan P Garrahan (children's) and Hospital Dr C Argerich (adult's). Both became the most important public HPB centers of Argentina. Also he developed the first Liver and Pancreas Transplant Program of the Litoral Region located in Formosa City.
Professor Imventarza has been an active member of different surgical societies. He was a founding member and President of the Argentine Society of Transplantation, Council Member of the Argentine Chapter of the IHPBA (CA-IHPBA) since 2007 and President elect of the same Chapter for 2011-2013 period. He is an Active Member of the Argentine Academy of Surgery. His practice is focused in liver surgery and transplantation for adult and pediatric patients.
- Chairman, Liver & Transplant Division- Hospital Dr Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires
- Chairman, Liver & Transplant Division - Hospital Dr C Argerich, Buenos Aires
- General Coordinator, Liver & Transplant Unit - Sanatorio Trinidad Mitre, Buenos Aires
- Chairman, Liver & Pancreas Transplant Division - Hospital de Alta Complejidad, Formosa - Argentina
- Past President, International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association