International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Call for Nominations for the 2023 IHPBA Distinguished Service Award
Call for Nominations for the 2023 IHPBA Distinguished Service Award (Asia-Pacific Region)
Deadline for Receipt of Nominations – 15 May 2023
The IHPBA Distinguished Service Award is the pre-eminent award of the IHPBA, recognizing the work of an individual who has provided leadership and made significant contributions to the field of hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery as well as to the IHPBA itself. The selection of the recipient for the medallion is based on:
- - the individual’s contribution to HPB surgery in the Asia-Pacific Region
- - his/her contribution to the IHPBA
- - is preferably awarded to an individual who has retired or is about to retire from active HPB practice
- - Current active membership in the IHPBA would be expected, but is not mandatory.
The award will not be given posthumously.
The award will be made during the A-PHPBA Congress which will be held in Bangalore, 27 - 30 September 2023.
The awardee should ideally attend the congress. Complimentary registration and two nights’ accommodation will be provided.
Nomination and Selection Process - deadline 15 May 2023
Nominations should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for nominations is Monday 15 May 2023.
The nomination should be accompanied by the following.
1. A nomination letter outlining the nominee's achievements and merits for this award in the form of a citation (maximum 500 words) that can be used for the presentation.
2. A letter of support from two or three other IHPBA members in good standing
3. The nominee's CV
4. A high-resolution photograph of the nominee
Individuals can be nominated more than once but they cannot self-nominate.
The nominating committee will bring forward one to three names to the IHPBA Council who will choose the final awardee by vote.
The Council will select from the nominees by the end of May 2023.
The presentation will be made by the President of the IHPBA at the IHPBA Update lecture including a citation that highlight the awardee’s major accomplishments and contributions. The awardee will receive the engraved gold medallion. The awardee will be expected to respond briefly to the award.
The award will be highlighted in the programme of A-PHPBA Congress. The citation and photograph of the awardee will be published in HPB journal as a news item from IHPBA, on the IHPBA website.
Michelle Peters, Executive Director, IHPBA
on behalf of
Professor Rowan Parks, Secretary General, IHPBA
If you are interested in becoming a Corporate Partner of the IHBPA please contact email@example.comFind out more