International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Asian-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
The vision of forming a society in Asia for Asians started all the way back in the early 1991 when a disparity existed in the level of medical care in some countries. The Asian Society of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery (ASHBPS) was formally inaugurated in Bangkok with Professor Tadahiro Takada as the first President. After its eighth Congress in Manila, the ASHBPS was shifted to a new Organisation A-PHPBA in 2005. The inaugural meeting of the A-PHPBA in Fukuoka, Japan closed at the end of March 2007, and HPB surgeons in Asia-Pacific have found a new home!
The Asian-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association was founded with the view to letting Asian- Pacific HPB specialists gather together to share their experiences and ideas, and fostering mutual understanding. This regional association meets with the American AHPBA and the European EHPBA under the umbrella of the IHPBA.
- To improve education, training, innovation and patient care in the field of HPB
- To disseminate research findings and best treatment practices, advance HPB specific training, foster research and innovation and encourage multidisciplinary collaboration
- To relieve human suffering caused by HPB disorders
- To improve evidence-based care and optimize the outcomes of patients with HPB disorders throughout the Asia-Pacific region
Memorandum & Articles
Please click here to view the constitution of the Association.
Membership in A-PHPBA means membership in a national & global network of medical professionals specializing in the liver, pancreas and biliary system. A-PHBPA boasts a diverse membership, including leading specialists within the field. With an array of key membership benefits, it is easy to see why so many HPB medical professionals have made the decision to join this prestigious organization:
- Professional connection - access to a strong professional network of your peers
- Certificate of Membership
- Annual subscription to the official journal - "Journal of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Sciences (JHBPS)" electron version can be accessed at our official website www.a-phpba.org. Please contact our executive secretariat for the username and password.
- Annual subscription to the official journal - "HPB" electronic version
- Reduced registration fees to A-PHPBA biennial regional congresses
- Access to technical and training guidelines
- Access to myA-PHPBA - an innovative new e-learning platform
The IHPBA and A-PHPBA have joined together to offer a combined membership. Combined members enjoy full membership status in both associations. Existing IHPBA members can join A-PHPBA at reduced rates. If you have any questions or require further information, please email our executive secretariat.
How to Become an IHPBA/A-PHPBA Member
To find out more about joining IHPBA and A-PHPBA as a combined member, please click here.
For full information about the A-PHPBA Council, committees and secretariat contact details, please refer to www.a-phpba.org