International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
IHPBA Kenneth Warren Fellowship
The President and Council of the IHPBA are honoured to announce the Kenneth W. Warren Fellowship, made possible by a generous donation to the IHPBA by Dr. Kenneth W. Warren.
The fellowship provides USD 30,000 to be used to support the recipient's own salary in conducting clinical or laboratory research over 12 months in a host department and country outside the applicant's own department and country. The fellowship may commence at any time after the award but no later than six months after it has been awarded.
Further information about the IHPBA Kenneth Warren Fellowship
- Tribute: Read our tribute to Dr Warren
- History: The history of the IHPBA Kenneth Warren Foundation
- Past Recipients: More information about past IHPBA Kenneth Warren Fellows
- Charitable Donations: How to donate
- Donor Wall We are proud to recognise our donors
For further information about the IHPBA Kenneth Warren Fellowship please contact:
IHPBA Executive Director
Telephone: +44 141 530 1687
Office hours are from 09.00 to 17.00 GMT/BST, Monday to Friday, and communication is possible in English.
The Warren Fellowship recipients of 2020/2021
Dr Daniel Pietrasz
Dr Pietrasz' medical background:
2018 - present : Senior registrar in Hepato-Bilio-Pancreatic Surgery, Digestive Oncology and Transplant Department
Pr René Adam, Hôpital Paul Brousse, Villejuif
2016 - Present : PhD Candidate
Role of circulating tumor DNA in care of patients with pancreatic adenocarcinoma »
École doctorale MTCI 563, Université Paris Descartes, Paris.
Advisors : Pr Jean-Baptiste Bachet, Pr Pierre Laurent-Puig
2017 - 2018: Gold Medalist fellowship
- Hepato-Bilio-Pancreatic Surgery, Digestive Oncology and Transplant Department, Hôpital Paul
- Laboratoire INSERM UMRS 1147, MEPPOT, Université Paris Descartes, Paris
Sept 2017: Doctor of Medecine
Mention Très Honorable, Médaille d’Argent, Université Paris Sud XI
Sept 2017: General Surgery Degree
Université Paris VI Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
April 2017: Gold Medal Contest, Paris France
2014-2015: Master 2 in Surgical Sciences October 2015
Mention Très bien, Universités Paris-Saclay
2011 - 2017: Surgery Residency, Université Paris-Saclay, France
Dr Tommaso Pollini
Dr Pollini's medical background:
- 2009-2015 School of Medicine, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
- 2016-2017 Research Fellowship at the General and Pancreatic Surgery, The Pancreas Institute, University of Verona, Italy
- 2018-present General Surgery Residency, General and Pancreatic Surgery, University of Verona, Italy
Read the news item on the 2020/2021 Kenneth Warren Fellows here.