International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
The Myanmar HBP department was founded on 1st January 2014 at Yangon Specialty Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar.
- To treat our patients with best possible standard of care
- To be an established liver transplant center via international collaboration, research and Team Skill Training
- To develop national liver transplant program
- To become well established liver transplant center to the international standard of care
- To conduct researches for better outcomes of HBP diseases management
- To train young generations HBP surgeons
Academic Tasks-CME on every Monday, Tuesday and Friday
HBP clinical meeting on every 1st and 3rd week Thursday
Mortality review on last week Friday of every month
Undergraduate teaching on every Thursday
Doctorate Med. Sc(HBP surgery) Programme started since January 2017
Therapeutic Tasks-Outpatient Department on every Thursday, average patient number-30
Follow up clinic on every Wednesday, average patient number-100
Operation day- Every Monday to Friday, Total operation per month-60
OGD scopy- Every Monday and Friday
International collaboration- Korea-Myanmar Collaboration on Liver Transplantation and Collaboration with New Zealand, Tan-Tock-Seng Hospital, Singapore General
Hospital and APOLLO hospital
- Prof and Head of HBP department: Prof Tin Tin Mar
- Associate Prof: Associate Prof Nyi Nyi Swe
- Associate Prof: Associate Prof Sai Aung Nyunt Oo
- Associate Prof: Associate Prof Saw Marldo Thein
- Consultant: CS Ei Ei Khine
- Consultant: CS Tin Myo Thet
- Specialist AS/Registrar: SAS Pyae Pa Pa Kyaw
News & Reports
Click here to view the IHPBA outreach Program 2020 review.
Click here to view the report on the Myanmar-Korea Organ Transplantation Animal Workshop
Click here to view the Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery (HBPS) Department, Yangon Specialty hospital (YSH), Myanmar 2018 Report
Click here to view June 2018 news.
Click here to view the report on the Microvascular Workshop for Liver Transplantation
Click here to view annual report 2017.
Click here to view the Presentation from the 12th International Minimal Invasive Surgery Symposium.
Posters presented in 2017:
Multidisciplinary Symposium on Liver Transplant
Click here to view Symposium Programme
Click here to view Symposium Invitation
Click here to view Symposium Report
Associate Prof Min Htin
Yan Khin Children Hospital compound