International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Warren Fellowship Application
The Fellowship is for surgical residents and fellows planning an HPB career, who are seeking additional training in the laboratory with a mentor. Applicants will travel to the host institution to begin the fellowship after the fellowship has been awarded and should not apply if already at the institution. Applicants should confirm their intention to return to their home country after completion of their research.
The next award will be made on 1 July 2024 and the fellowship may commence at any time up to six months after this date. The awardee will notify the Chairperson of the IHPBA Research Committee of acceptance or refusal of the award by 14th July 2024. The applicant and the host mentor must be members of the IHPBA at the time of the application. An applicant may apply for IHPBA membership at the time of the application, but the host mentor must have been an active IHPBA member for one year immediately prior to the application.
The application should include:
- Cover letter
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae
- The mentor’s curriculum vitae from the host institution
- A summary of the research project, including title, background, aims, methodology and timeframe of the research (not to exceed one A4 or letter size page)
- An acknowledgment from the host institution of support for the applicant’s research
- Letter of reference from the mentor at the host institution
- Letter of reference from the applicant’s home institution
The closing date for applications for the 2024/25 Fellowship is 30 April 2024.
The online application will be available in February 2024.
For any other enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +44 141 530 1687.