International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
"State of the Art" Conference on Minimally Invasive Pancreatic Resection
CLICK HERE for the conference programme
IHPBA is delighted to announce the full programme for the “State of the Art” conference on Minimally Invasive Pancreatic Resection. This will take place on 20th April 2016 in São Paulo, Brazil at the start of the IHPBA 12th World Congress.
The development of minimally invasive pancreatic resection (MIPR) moved more slowly than minimally invasive resection of other abdominal organs for various reasons including:
- relatively fewer numbers of cases,
- the retroperitoneal locations of the pancreas and its association with major mesenteric vasculature,
- the inexperience of many pancreatic surgeons with MIS techniques.
More recently, MIPR is being adopted internationally with enthusiasm by many patients and some clinicians.
This conference will examine the current state of the art of MIPR from the prospective of what we know and what we need to learn. Areas of discussion will include: Distal pancreatectomy, Whipple surgery, Cost/value/QOL, training and education, and the results of an international MIPR survey. Speakers and panellists include open and laparoscopic/robotic surgeons, and other leaders in pancreatic advocacy.
This is a one-day conference that will kick off the IHPBA world congress in São Paulo, Brazil on April 20, 2016.
- Please CLICK HERE for the full conference programme.
- Please CLICK HERE if you would like to participate in the international survey on MIPR.
- Please CLICK HERE for full details of the 12th IHPBA World Congress.
We hope to see you next April!
David Kooby, MD and Charles Vollmer, MD