International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Warren Fellowship awarded to Dr Alexandra Roch
We are delighted to announce that this year the IHPBA Kenneth Warren Fellowship has been awarded to Dr Alexandra M Roch, France.
The primary objective of Dr Roch's Kenneth Warren Fellowship translational proposal “Adipose Stem Cells in Acute Pancreatitis: Modulation of Inflammation and Tissue Damage” is to use adipose stem cells as a potential treatment in murine models of acute pancreatitis. These basic research studies will aim to increase understanding of the underlying pathophysiological mechanisms of acute pancreatitis. Dr Roch will have the opportunity to work under the mentorship of Dr. Nicholas Zyromski, a world expert in pancreatitis, and Dr. Keith March, Director of the state Cardiac Center for Adult Stem Cell Therapy in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
Dr Roch's medical background:
- 2000 – 2007: School of Medicine – Lyon Nord Medical School, Lyon, France
- 2003 – 2007: Masters of Science (M.S.) in Human Biology and Biomedical Research with Honors University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France
- 2007 – 2011: Internship/Residency in General Surgery – University Hospital of Angers, Angers, France
- 2011: European Inter-University Diploma of Hepatic, Pancreatic and Biliary Cancers: Onco-surgical strategies, University Paris IX, Paris, France
- 2011: Residency in Oncologic Surgery, Senior/Chief Resident – Paoli-Calmettes Cancer Institute, Marseille, France
- 2011: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Summa Cum Laude
- 2012: General Surgery Board Certification, France
- 2012 – 2013: Master of Science (M.S.) in Cellular and Molecular Biosignalisation, and pathophysiology with High Honors – Angers School of Medicine, Angers, France
- 2013 – 2015: HPB Research Fellowship – Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 2015 – Present: Director of Outcomes Research – Pancreatic Cyst and Cancer Early Detection Center, IU Health at Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- 2016 – Present: HPB Outcomes Research data coordinator – Center for Outcomes Research in Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA