International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Call for Nominations - IHPBA Distinguished Service Award 2024
The IHPBA Distinguished Service Award is the pre-eminent award of the IHPBA, recognizing the work of an individual who has provided leadership and made significant contributions to the field of hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery as well as to the IHPBA itself. The selection of the recipient for the medallion is based on:
- - the individual’s contribution to HPB surgery in the Europe-Africa-Middle East Region.
- - his/her contribution to the IHPBA
- - is preferably awarded to an individual who has retired or is about to retire from active HPB practice
- - Current active membership in the IHPBA would be expected, but is not mandatory.
The award will not be given posthumously.
The award will be made during the IHPBA World Congress in Cape Town, 15-18 May 2024.
The awardee should ideally attend the congress. Complimentary registration and two nights’ accommodation will be provided.
Nomination and Selection Process - deadline 15 December 2023
Nominations should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for nominations is 15 December 2023.
The nomination should be accompanied by the following.
1. A nomination letter outlining the nominee's achievements and merits for this award in the form of a citation (maximum 500 words) that can be used for the presentation.
2. A letter of support from two or three other IHPBA members in good standing
3. The nominee's CV
4. A high-resolution photograph of the nominee
Individuals can be nominated more than once but they cannot self-nominate.
The nominating committee will bring forward one to three names to the IHPBA Council who will choose the final awardee by vote.
The Council will select from the nominees by the end of January 2024.
The presentation will be made by the President of the IHPBA including a citation that highlight the awardee’s major accomplishments and contributions. The awardee will receive the engraved gold medallion. The awardee will be expected to respond briefly to the award.
The award will be highlighted in the programme of IHPBA 2024 World Congress. The citation and photograph of the awardee will be published in HPB journal as a news item from IHPBA, on the IHPBA website.
Michelle Peters, Executive Director, IHPBA
on behalf of
Professor Rowan Parks, Secretary General, IHPBA